Whether it is day or night and regardless of the season, it is as well as the time of the year, my kids are crazy over Maggi noodles. Yes, I am talking about the 2-minute yellow packet of fun and frolic that gets in the mouth and rolls in unique tastes, with knowing that it is not that good for health.
However, I am a doting, thoughtful mom of two lovely kids and I will surely not let them enjoy at the expense of their individual health. What if 2 minute Maggi noodles are the most unsafe thing around to eat, I have devised certain plans that help make the noodles fit for both my babies.
Taking a cue from the Chinese-style Hakka noodles. I have come up with my own set of Hakka Maggi — which not only carries the goodness of fresh vegetables and eggs but the savour taste of Maggi noodles as well. So let us see what all it takes to prepare 2 wholesome servings of Hakka Maggi:-
You will need:
1 regular Maggi noodles packet
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. dark soy sauce
1 tsp. tomato sauce
1 tsp. chilli sauce or chilli flakes
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
1 large-sized onions (finely chopped)
100 gms spring onions (green leafy part finely chopped)
1 cup of mixed veggies (carrots, beans, capsicum, green peas)
2 eggs (yolks removed)
How to begin with:
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pan. Add garlic cloves and sauté well.
- Add onions and spring onions; keep sautéing until they become crunchy.
- Steadily add all the veggies and stir to make them golden brown but do not overcook.
- Slip in the egg whites and let it all entirely turn into kind-of egg bhurji.
- Add in chilli flakes, soy sauce, salt, chilli sauce, and tomato sauce. Keep stirring.
- Add the same time; follow the usual procedure of preparing Maggi noodles. Let it slightly cook and then transfer the noodles entirely to the veggie mixture.
- Keep stirring and to cook more, cover it with a lid for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid; serve the Hakka Maggi noodles in two individual bowls or platters.
Try it at home and surprise your kids just as I do it more occasionally. Do not disclose all that you have put in for they might just refuse to have it then!